From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:32:35 -0800
I think I missed the original post that started this, but my first ferret
definitely had me trained.

I would be sitting on the couch watching TV, and at exactly 10 p.m., a
small, grey, 1 lb female ferret would come stomping down the hall and
towards the couch.  If I did not immediately pay attention a nip or two
on the ankle was received.  I was required to follow this sweet, innocent
ferret and go to bed.  The ferret, Missie, would then climb in by my feet
and go to sleep (or so I thought).

Some nights when I really wanted to stay up and finish that good movie, I
would sneak back out to the living room, get on the couch, and continue to
watch TV.  A few minutes later I would see Missie stomping down the hall,
with a clear intent in her eyes.  I had to go to bed and there was no such
thing as NO for an answer.  She would follow me to bed, crawl in, and make
sure I stayed there and went to sleep.

Unknown to me, my other half would be at his computer in the living room,
and after I had gone to sleep, Missie would get out of bed and go visit
him, to sit on his lap and wait another hour or so before he went to bed.

My bedtime was determined by a small, 1 lb ferret.

Masked Ferret Owner in California