From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 10:06:07 -0700
Mr. Smudge,

Samantha woke me up this morning and made me roll out of bed and check the
pooter, and we read all of your nice mail together...

She is very excited about getting married to you, and I couldn't be more
happy for her!  You know, she just came into our household not 3 weeks ago!
Dayna had rescued her from a very neglected state...we don't quite know the
details, but she acted very scared up until just this week, and now she
comes to us to be picked up and played with...it is very much a heartwarmer!
We love her so much it isn't even funny!  She is only 4 months old, and she
is already much bigger and stronger than Rosie and Maxie...Perhaps this is
due to Dayna's excellent care and diet for her fuzzies...Whatever the
reason, well, she is STRONG!!!

She runs super-fast, ducks behind furniture with a flash, and jumps very
high, stands on her hind legs and pulls herself up onto the coffee
tables...pretty amazing young lady!  My favorite play-thing to do with her
is to hold her in both hands, and as she leaps out of my hands, I give her
an extra push and she flies through the air...all 4 arms and paws extended,
with a big smile on her face...and she lands 3 or 4 feet across the bed onto
the soft blankets and pillows...this makes her so jazzed and happy that she
dooks like crazy!

Anyway, sorry to go off on how much I love Samantha...I just want to let you
know that she is very dear to us, and with the whole Tater and Odie
disappointment, well, we want to make sure that she finds a boy ferret that
will treat her like a princess till you both cross that Rainbow Bridge
together, holding paws...

And, from what I have read from your love-letters to her, and your letter to
me...Well, shoot!  ....................................Can I call you son?

_Of course_ I would be very, very, very, very honored and pleased to give
you my daughter Samantha's paw in marriage!!!

We would be very happy to have a 3 and a half pound man in the family!  You
can help me work on the truck, and carry heavy stuff out to the back yard!
Wait a second, Sammi wants to say something to you...here she is...

*Smudge, I love you...*

Well, enough said, Smudge, you are welcome into our household, and we can't
wait to see you dook down the isle with our Samantha...I wish the very best
for both of you...

Sincerely,

Sammi's Da

P.S. Got any plans for baby fuzzies?