From:
Sally Childs-Helton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 12:09:28 -0500
Greetings from a newbie surfer who has just entered the wonderful world of
ferrets online!  We are starting an Indianapolis (IN) area ferret club and
shelter, and would appreciate advice from those of you with experience in
these areas.  Specifically: (1) What are your adoption policies?  We would
appreciate copies to help us draft our own.  (2) How are you dealing with
E.C.E.  in your shelters?  (3) What are your policies on club members
bringing ferts to meetings?  Shots, Aleutian checks, E.C.E., etc.?  (4) How
are you handling your club and shelter finances?  Do you recommend
incorporating as a non-profit?

Any light you can shed will be greatly appreciated.  Our club is so new
we're still voting on a club name, but we had a meeting Sept.  22 that drew
25 ferret folk, all eager to do public education and start a shelter, as
well as enjoy furry fellowship.  Please feel free to contact me by snail
mail, e-mail, or phone.  Thanks for your collective patience with a newbie
surfer and list member.  Best from Yes, No, and Oz.

Cheers,

Sally Childs-Helton
5271 Primrose Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46220