From:
Traci Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 13:01:04 -0400
My 3 year old ferret, Jake, was fine until Wednesday morning when I noticed
he wasn't playing, had a hard time getting out of his hammock, as if his
back end was dead weight.  He would use his legs but it was as if he were
limping, both legs equally weak.  He didn't have any falls or injury that
I'm aware of.  He was stooling and voiding as usual without discernable
discomfort.  I observed him for a couple of hours and when there was no
change except for less and less activity, I took him to our vet.  He's not
sure what's wrong, but after an exam, started cortisone and antibiotics.
Jake is slowly improving and I am so relieved.  I'd just like to know what
this could have been caused from?  If anyone has any answers could you
email me: [log in to unmask]

Thank you very much.