From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 11:54:46 -0400
[much deleted... see below  BIG]

I'm not trying to discredit PETA or HSUS.  I think a lot of animal lovers
just don't realize what the animal rights movement is about.  Follow your
heart, but do it wisely.

Animal Rights FAQ-->  http://envirolink.org/arrs/Q40.html
PETA Home Page-->http://envirolink.org/arrs/peta/index.html
http://www.furs.com/FUR/Quotes.html

-Catherine
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~cshaffer

[Moderator's note: The bulk of this post was deleted since discussion of
PETA, HSUS, etc. is beyond the scope of the FML except when the discussion
clearly pertains to ferrets.  This policy is clearly stated in the welcoming
note that's automatically sent out when a subscription is entered.

I'm not trying to say these aren't valid issues, but people tend to have
some strong opinions over animal's rights, and the FML is simply not the
place to debate the issue - it's lengthy enough as it is.

Anyhow, after checking with Catherine I'm posting some URLs she provided so
those of you interested in finding out more have a starting point.

Thanks for your understanding.  BIG]