From:
Chris Haas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1993 22:53:34 -0500
Hi all,

I wanted to tell you that I recently made an addition to my family.
I adopted a wonderful (and *huge*) male ferret from the ferret
shelter in Milwaukee.  That makes three: Scooter (chocolate sable
female), Nina (sable female), and Tavi Bear (also a sable, male).

Tavi is just a joy!  He is big and round, and very curious.  I
adopted him with the name "Rocky" but decided to change it (seeing
as ferrets don't get attached to their names anyway).  Two things
came to mind when I considered naming him: Sebastian (which mutated
into Sebastian Bear) and Rikki Tikki Tavi.  Well, I just couldn't
decide so his full name is:  Rikki Tikki Tavi Sebastian Bear, or
Tavi Bear/ Tavi/ Sebastian for short (depending on my mood).  You
know, I always thought "Bear" was a stupid name - I had two females.
But when I got Tavi - it was just so perfect, and now I understand
why there are tons of ferrets named Bear.

Anyway, Tavi is really strange in comparison with my two females.
The first thing he did when I put him in my bedroom (get this) is
go into my closet (perfectly acceptable) and pull a can of Dr. Pepper
*out of the plastic rings* and drag it under my dresser (while I am
watching, laughing hysterically) and then *he OPENED it*!* and licked at
it oozing out!  I could not believe it!!  I can't keep soda cans *or
bottles* anywhere near him!!!  He is funny!

He sleeps in wierd places too.  My two females always sleep wrapped
in blankets or their ferret sleeping bags.  Not him, he crawls behind
the door, in little crevices where he shouldn't possible be able to fit,
and where he can't possibly be comfortable, and sleeps there.

When he plays, he plays in spurts of energy.  He does the ferret dance
a little, then lays down and just looks at you, then jumps up and fights
the invisible ferret, than plops down again - he is sooo cute!

Well, just thought I'd share a little ferret joy!

Take care,

Chris & Scooter & Nina & Tavi Bear