From:
Judy Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:31:21 -0400
Hi..

Well, I have been reading all this about the show in Chicago.  I didn't
get to attend this show, and not knowing how the Judges were I cant go by
anything but what has been posted here on the FML.  I do want to revert
back to the show that we had here in North Carolina.  The Judges we had
were AFA Judges, and LIFE Judges.  We had a tremendous amount of replies
from people in our area, that never attended a show in there life, Say what
professionalism was displayed by the Judges.  They were so positive on
there Handling of the ferrets and showing the care that each judge showed.
There attire was well displayed and we didn't have a problem with that.
All in all We feel that the Judges we had were the BEST and we will
definitely ask them back.  As far as them being dressed in white coats,
suit & tie or anything like this....WHY...Everyone at our show was able to
pick the judges out.  They knew who they were.  They displayed their
Judge's badge.  What do the judges want?  Do they want to be spotted from
the crowd?  Do they feel they do not get enough attention?  I believe that
if the organization, i.e.: AFA, LIFE, ect. ect. ect.. wanted their judges
to look professional they would have Standards for Judges.  Anyway, I just
wanted everyone to know how the people in North Carolina Felt about the
judges that attended and judged the show here.  They definitely will be
asked back.  Folks, we need to get on the tract of why and what we are
doing all this for anyway.  It is not for self pride, but for the Ferrets.
Do we really have to argue over what a judge wears to judge your ferret?

Thank you,
Gary Skinner

Western North Carolina Ferret Shelter,Rescue & Club
Judy & Gary Skinner
3219 Oran Yount Ln
Granite Falls, NC 28630
828-396-8117