From:
Carl G Grunbichler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 22:18:59 PST
Dear Fellow FML's

Let me start off by introducing my family to you.  We have to kids, Cleo,
our oldest at 1year and Zoey, just 4 months, both sable jills.  Our problem
is as follows - during the month of Sept. 96 my husband and myself will be
touring South Africa.  We were hoping to take our 2 babies with us but have
just found out that they will have to spend 30 days in quarantine, the whole
duration of our tour.  While we're away my father-in-law will be
house-sitting for us but the problem is that he is not at all ferret-wise
and I'm terribly worried that something awful will happen to them while
we're away, (eg.  leaving doors open and toilet lids up, etc.).

I know that this is a lot to ask of someone but I'll ask it anyway.  Are
there any kind- hearted ferret-loving persons in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami
area that are willing to play Step-parents to my kids while we're away?  It
would truly put my mind at rest just knowing that they're in good hands.

Our ferrets are extremely healthy and are up to date with all their shots.
As mentioned, they are both females.  We also live in a one-bedroomed apt.
so they are free-range ferrets too, (not that it makes any difference).

I feel so bad that we'll have to leave them here and that we won't be able
to take them with us but I would hate to have them spend their whole
vacation cooped up inside a tiny cage during the quarantine period.  They
probably wouldn't be allowed visits from us either.

We would be extremely grateful to anyone that could help us out.  If you
could personally E-mail back to us at [log in to unmask]  Thanking you in
advance.

Lauren and Carl
Cleo ("Now give me the remotes")
Zoey ("I just love kissing mommy all over")