Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:18:49 GMT
Crawling out from under my rock,

A factor that seems to be missing in today's society is COMMON SENSE!
Some hooman children enjoy rough sports while others take a more gentle
approach to life. It is the same with ferrets. Some are more inclined
for the rowdy, rough fun and games, while others are happy reclining in
their designer hammies.

When our daughter was much younger, hmmm - age 6 maybe?, she was in the
living room with lively music playing. When I came into the room, she
was dancing with one of our ferrets. Now, imagine a free-spirited 6
year old dancing wildly around the room, holding a ferret. The ferret's
head looked like it was about to snap off! I took one look at the poor
helpless ferret in her hands and immediately thought, "OH NO! Shaken
ferret syndrome!!"

"PUT THAT POOR FERRET DOWN NOW!", I shouted! Rachel gently put Daphne
down. So what did Daphne do? Bounced excitedly back to Rachel and stood
on her hind feet with a poofed tail, begging to do it AGAIN! So I walk
out of the room mumbling about crazy children and ferrets...

Where does common sense come in? If your ferret doesn't enjoy a game,
don't play it! Don't toss the ferret off of, or onto something that
could break a bone. Ferrets are pretty tough creatures, though. Ever
seen them bounce into a wall and keep going? Hehhehehe!

Of course, we can't fault anyone for CARING about the safety of our
beloved carpet sharks! I would rather someone err on the side of
caution any day...

Crawling back under my rock...
Tequita
Tequita Williamson, Certified Birth Doula (DONA)
PLEASE spay and neuter. It SAVES lives!

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be
ruled by evil men."
- Plato