From:
Pamala & Johan Mommens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:45:45 -0500
When I joined this list, nearly a year ago, I was surprised how many people
and ferret organizations were trying to sell things.  Some people raised
money for themselves, while others use this money to support their shelter.
Unfortunately, all this is mostly done in an unprofessional way.  Customers
were unable to process their credit cards online or had to fax/mail their
order.  Logic, most people and organizations just don't have the money to
start up a real store with a virtual shopping cart.  At that time I
realized I had to do something about this.  Maybe, after 5 months of hard
labor, all this is about to change.  Finally, everyone can start up their
own store without any costs involved.  Visitors are even able to process
their credit cards and that even without you needing a merchant account!
As a true ferret lover myself, I believe this is THE solution for any
non-profit organization to make money without an investment.  Take a look
at www.webstorespro.com and judge for yourself!!!

Johan.

[Moderator's note: Modern Ferret announced a free E-Commerce Web Site in
issue 3178 (or see http://www.ferretmall.com ).  Sounds similar.  I am
not familiar with either though.  BIG]