From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 11:33:00 -0500
I was a bit surprised to hear of another frat house refugee residing
among us as that is how we got into this ferret life to begin with,
rescuing Inigo through a long chain of events which brought him to
a neighbor of a friend of mine when he escaped his role as mascot to
a frat.  He lived, as far as we can tell, mostly on dog food in a
small cage.  It was after reading a bit and switching him to cat food
that one day he started hopping all about and basically behaving like
a real and happy ferret.

Well, what is prompting me to write is that he too refuses good cat
food unless it is soaked and soft with a bit of linatone to make it
palatable, but at least that does the trick.

Inigo is getting up there, we estimate about 6 now but really have
no way of knowing, and he too has the shakes so I would like to hear
more about the aging of ferrets and how to handle it.  Also, for those
who have an older ferret and are thinking of getting a young 'un, I
highly recommend it as Inigo definitely perked up with the arrival of
a kit even if he is run ragged now and then.  We hope to have a
new arrival soon, so theat Buttercup has someone else to jump on since
Inigo is bearing the brunt now that we have lost Pandora.

Greetings to all and soon we hope to move to a ferret legal local,
PA or NH/VT it looks like!!  Yeah!!