From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:34:29 -0500
>From:    Ferret Lover <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Shelters bashing shelters bashing breeders
>All breeders should be given the opportunity to take back a kit/fert
>that they produced.  If a fert is turned into a shelter and that shelter
>operator knows the fert came from a breeder, that breeder should be
>contacted.

This is looking more political all the time.  Ironically the breeder most
recently complaining about this was involved on the other side not all
that long ago.  Need details?

>Subject: Warm Fuzzy Show
>Second, judges should consider their judging, regardless if it is for a
>specialty or championship show, just as they would if they were going to
>their real job.

Many shows are fun family oriented events.  Why should one family be
excluded?  Aren't the children of those involved, all of those involved
the future of ferret organizations?  Won't those children excluded over
your biases grow to resent the ferret shows that they are not permitted
to attend because you think "fun" should be a "job"?

>Most shows are too long and boring for most kids.

Perhaps that is a problem with those shows.  They should do more to involve
all ferret owners.

>And last, in this day and age why would any group have a group playpen
>for everyone to let ferrets interact with other's ferrets?

This is a statement exactly in line with the politics of destruction from
the AFA/LIFE ADV witch hunters.  Attack Warm Fuzzy and over play the
disease aspect of rival shows.

The set up in question was for use in the fun match events.  Not a play
pen for use between events.

>From:    Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: In Defense of Judges
>Of all of the shows I have attended, counting many of the judges friends
>of mine, giving them bribes, cleaning their cars, buying them drinks,
>breakfast, lunch and dinner <g>, I have never won first place.

Hey!  You never washed our car!

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets