From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:21:49 -0800
Not sure how long this one's been on the market but it's PERFECT for
ferrets! I didn't have to add anything to the sides like I did with the
last one as it's really close to the wall. It's wood and plastic and
styled like one of the old-fashioned lattice gates with various notches
to put the metal bar in to set the width and then it clamps down to
tighten. But instead of plastic lattice that ferrets can climb it's
solid clear plastic. There's just one wood vertical bar in the middle
of the side you'd face to the ferrets - nothing they can get a foothold
on. It's also a little bit taller than the last gate so good for any
vertical jumping ferrets. And since there's no latches to adjust
there's no latches to break - like how my last gate died (this one -
http://www.ferretocious.com/newhouse/gatefix.jpg ) I'm sure it will
last longer than the year or so that one did. Once it's latched down
it's REALLY solid. The ferrets seemed quite frustrated that it was
impenetrable as they've been having fun nosing the broken one and
sneaking into my kitchen as I run after their naughty butts while I
was waiting for this one to arrive.

It's the "North States Clear Choice XT" (extra tall):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HGQF9C

In case that link breaks since it's so long here's a shortened link -
http://tinyurl.com/5vn5mp *

Here it is in place:

http://www.ferretocious.com/play/gate121208-1.jpg
http://www.ferretocious.com/play/gate121208-2.jpg

Laura

* In case you guys haven't heard of http://www.tinyurl.com - It's this
really cool tool to shorten long links so they don't break when you
email them or post them in a forum. And it's FREE, too :)

[Moderator's note: Though note many links often can be substantially
shortened and I often do that on the FML. The "meat" of the long link
Laura was kind enough to post really isn't that much longer than the
tinyurl one. BIG]