From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:18:57 -0500
Why should we only use a "business" of ferrets to describe more than one?
How about these options?

1. Depending on whether your are trying to *catch* them to put them back in
their cage:
   A SCATTERING of Ferrets!
   Or if you are handing out treats:
   An OVERWHELMING of Ferrets!

2. Several ferrets in the bathtub having fun:
   A WOLFPACK of Ferrets!
   Or if they don't like the bathtub, but need a bath:
   A SHOWER of Ferrets!

3. A group of ferrets in the sandbox:
   A SNORKLING of Ferrets!

4. A group of four ferrets licking from the water bottle at the same time:
   A BARBERSHOP QUARTET of Ferrets!

5. Several ferrets begging for treats:
   A POORHOUSE of Ferrets!

6. A pile of ferrets that all suddenly decided to scratch at once:
   An EXPLOSION of Ferrets!

Just a funny mention here...I was watching the Discovery Channel recently
and they showed a family group of meerkats that were trying to confuse a
king cobra.  The meerkats lined up in front of the snake and started
bobbing their heads up and down all out of sync with their neighbors.  This
oddly moving picture in front of the snake made the snake very confused and
easier to deal with.  When I went home last night, all of the ferrets were
at the corner of their cage nearest to the door, doing the exact same
bobbing and weaving that the meerkats were doing, trying to see if I was
going to go straight to their cage to let them out! :)  It was SO cute!

Todd and the (ArE yOu GoInG tO lEt Us OuT RiGhT nOw?) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
"users.success.net/toddl/"