From:
meesh meesh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:47:44 -0800
Hi,
I caught a post regarding Air Canada allowing ferrets in the cabin.  They
used to and I had even flown with Mighty Mouse before, but recently I was
turned away and they quoted me that as of Nov 1 they were not allowing
ferrets in the cabin.  This came even AFTER I had been given written
permission on the itinerary.  Air Canada and Canadian Air Lines have merged
and I"m not sure what the new deal is but I would have whomever thinks
to fly with either of them to double check the rules as they may have
changed. :( :(.

I think the only two airlines I know of now that *do* allow ferrets *in*
cabin are Delta and America West.  After I was turned away from Air Canada,
I phoned every airline and got it in writing from America West and Delta
said they'd give it to me in writing at the airport ticket counter.

Strange how some of these airlines allow birds and pot-bellied pigs but
not ferrets.  It doesn't make any sense...in any way.

Michaela Maurice
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ohio State University
Class of 2002