From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:18:18 -0500
For the record, we are supporting the Ferret Squad as we feel it is a
movie long over due.

YES and double yes, it was a catastrophe for the Dalmatians (101)and
the Bassets (several tv shows, Mrs Muir and the Ghost )and the
Chihuahuas (Hollywood) and the Jack Russells (Frazier) and other dogs
used in shows. From what I have learned, this is different in it shows
how much care is involved to take have ferrets and it will be a
stronger educational tool than setting up an ed table in every city
because it is a movie kids and adults will love, because its very
entertaining as well as educational. They kids may see it as "I WANT
ONE" but the adults will think how much work it is. Kinda like Monty
(wasn't it Monty the Golden, Julie Roberts). There wasn't a run on the
Goldens after they showed how much trouble Monty was all through his
life. It was a lesson on taking on a responsibility and not dumping it
as soon as the going got tough.

This is bringing ferrets before the public not just on the wonders of
them but also their care and what is going on in California too. It is
to show what ferrets really do do, not what trainers or trick cameras
make them do. If this was like some of the other movies they had
ferrets in, (hated Polly), we would say it is a mistake. For all we
have learned so far, it's a good thing

So Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue encourages everyone who can help to do so
and to follow this closely. You may be very proud when all is said and
done. Plus people will be more aware of rescues and think twice before
going to breeders or pet stores. Just might happen !!!

Millie and her Danes at the
Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue
www.txferretrescue.org