From:
William Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 09:02:18 -0500
Hello everyone!

I just joined this list last night and after recieving my first digest, I am
very impressed.  I have yet to buy a ferret, but after seeing some in a
local pet store, I am now saving up my money to get one.  But first of all,
I have a couple of questions and comments.

I have already "ordered" a ferret kit from a pet shop which includes the
following:
Albino Ferret
Harness
"Sleeping Bag"
Sweater
Ferret Food
"Cold Medicine"
Hammock
Litter Box
Pine Shavings
Cage(not sure of the exact size, but a pretty good sized one)

All of the above will cost me approx. $240.00

I got the ferret FAQ and it says that it is not advisable to use pine
bedding because of the dust and other particles in it.  We have two area pet
shops and one has a ferret with a blanket in the cage feeding it cat food,
which I originally thought might be unhealthy to feed a ferret cat food.
The place where I am getting my ferret said cat food is not nutritious
enough for ferrets and that pine bedding is fine to use for the bottom of
the cage.  When I go to the store today to put my "down payment" :) on the
ferret, I plan on taking in the FAQ to see what the lady thinks about it.
Any advice on ferrets and their care would be greatly appreciated.  I
virtually know nothing and I figure on having my ferret before the end of
April, hopefully much sooner.  Thank you very much and I look forward to
continuing to recieve this list!!!