Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:55:18 EST
Sandra,

I for one am very greatful for the giving tree. Some say the ferrets
don't understand what Christmas is all about but I am not so sure of
that. We always put up their own special tree in their room and
decorate it. We also hang stocking on their cages one for each ferret.
I just love watching them trying to get to the little packages in their
socks through the bars of their cages :-). Then when the Secret Santa
presents come in, it is such a joy to watch them snoop through the
packages. Not all are that interested they would just as well have the
paper it came in LOL. I am hoping to get their pictures on photo bucket
so all can see when I figure it out.

As for Sheltering, I know what you are saying for we are on our own
too. I wish I had some kind of tallent to bring money into our shelter
but I do not. When they passed out tallent I must have took the wrong
train LOL.

When I was working I would always take half my pay for my shelter but
that is no longer so we like lots of shelters struggle. I depend on
God and he always comes through for me. Just wnen I need something the
most money comes in from somewhere.

I received a check in December for $200.00 from a dear lady named
Heidi and that will go for more food for them. Believe me it came
at the right time for they are getting mighty low in food.

I also got a check from SOS to my Vet to help with vet bills when
Sammy came in with the broken leg last October and another check from
Clubmeds to help with Sammy Vet bill. I can't tell you what these
people all mean to me. My heart is overwhelmed with the love they
show my kids.

We have 23 ferrets in our care 12 of them are ages 7-9. If it wasn't
for my daughter when I came down with cancer I would have had to close
the shelter altogether but thank God it didn't come to that.

It was a sad time back then when we had to let a lot of them go to
other shelters but it had to be done. I am greatful for all the help
and support that I had during that time and even now. I am also very
thankful to God that I am now in remission.

Like Sandra, I do not have volunteers either so as Sandra puts it
we are on our own. I wish with all my heart that we could get a few
volunteers but the good LORD always gives us the strength to get
through each day.

Sandra God Bless You for all you do for the kids. You and all shelters
every where are in my daily prayers that things will always work out.
I pray that God opens the windows of Heaven and pours out Blessings to
each and everyone of the shelters.

It is hard enough to shelter but to worry about where the next dollar
will come from to take this one or that one to the vet or to get the
next order of food that is when it is most difficult.

I have always stood on a scripture that says. Trust in the Lord with
all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding in all thy way
acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path and he always does :-).

May each and every one have a Blessed 2009 this year.

God Bless You All
Helen
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]
Helping Hands Ferret  Rescue