From:
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 00:27:44 -0700
From:    "Snoberger, Christina M" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Orange Ferrets / Zen on staining

We never stated only bad foods can have dye we hope... Totally Ferret in
some ferrets, particularly white ones, can yellow them out.  There is often
yellow dye in chicken feed for some reason.  It ends up in the chicken which
ends up in the Totally Ferret and then in the ferret and can go to the fur.

Then there are the sables with a golden tone.  Not usually "orange" but
quite golden in many.  This is their natural coloring.  A couple decades
ago ferret breeders actually thought it was important to breed FOR that
coloring.

We aren't used to orange describing these and given the location we gave
our guess as the most likely answer with the input we had.  In your case
it could be a combination of the golden undertones with extra coloring
from dye.  At least with the given information.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:killian@zenferret..com