From:
Lil Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 12:20:16 -0500
hello Lisa,
I,m not an expert on ferrets but what I do seems to help I have two myself
Sabation I've had for almost two years he's extremely social and
non-aggresive about a month ago I introduced a female 2mon. old she has to
learn that nipping is a bad thing... when she dives for my feet and legs
with teeth exposed... I'll pick her up and say NO!!!  and give her a small
pop on the nose again saying NO BITING!!!  then let her go about her
business after awhile (hopefully)she'll realize that biting's not cool Sab
was a whole different story he didn't go through this stage He'd come
running and grab anyone that travels past his grasp with his front feet
which is better than teeth...

Just a note on the dog food ... we have a dog and from experience a word of
caution ... Abby eats dry food that has bone-shaped pieces and small round
pieces the round pieces are just the right size to get lodged to the roof of
their mouth Sabation got one jammed between his teeth in the center of his
mouth on two occasions (only two, and that's enough for me)did he get a
piece stuck, I was able to remove it without much trouble BUT the second
time he was CHOKING on it no swallowing no spitting it out I had to use a
fork to dislodge it (sounds bad to stick a fork in there but he was starting
to panic and using a finger didn't seem to be a good idea plus it was to big
to stick into his mouth I needed something small and that was the first
thing I grabbed) he was a bit shook up as well as myself so..... from now on
I make sure to scan the area for these harmful pieces the bad thing is is
Abby will take these pieces and hide them for later so I have to really take
a good look before letting them loose.  This is for anyone's information be
careful I know I am and if it wet dog food I don't think it's good for their
digestive system's (not sure with that) well I've must be going Happy
Hopping Ride um cowboy yee haa

hop's and kisses from Sabation and Gabrielle