From:
"Daniel B. Hubbard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 23:20:26 JST
Hello everyone,

Just a quick intro.  My name is Dan, I,m living in Japan and have been here
in the military for the past 12 years.  I have just recently had the
pleasure of being introduced the the world of the fuzzies and as everyone
here in FML land says, It is totally cool!!!  I was brought up on a farm in
N.H.  and love all animals but these little critters are just the best.  I
recently saw an article here about the price of ferrets in N.Y.  Someone
paid a couple hundred dollars for one.  Consider yourselfs lucky.  That is
quike cheap compared to Japan.  The lowest price I've seen here is 45000 yen
or approx.  $450.00 the average is 65000 yen or $650.  M fuzzie Mischief as
you can probably guess why he is named that, was given to me because the
lady didn't like the smell.  Most all ferrets here a already neuterd/spayed
but this was local breeded one that slipped through the rings.  I had him
for a month and finally got him done.  We are really limited to the vet
facilities over here because most Japanese don't know how to deal with them.
I guess I could ramble on all night but I've got a million things I doing
these days.  I'm still learning many things about our beloved friends and am
open to any info.  I really would like to hear from any other ferret lovers
here in Japan.  You can contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks goes out to the FML it is truly a great thing a my main source of
info.  Great deal guys.  I'm looking forward to future FML article and
meeting new people.  Till then give them fuzzies a hug.