From:
Nichole Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:14:57 -0500
My ferret Tate, 5 years, was rushed to the vet when he was extremely
lethargic and burning up.  He was also twitching.  They found an enlarged
spleen and what they think is a viral infection.  I took them info that I
found on enlarged spleens and ADV and diseases associated with enlarged
spleens.  I know that they did a CBC, but no other tests.  I mentioned
the ADV test that was available.  His sister died of lymphoma a year ago
and this worries me that it might be this again.  I was wondering what
steps to take next.  They have him on antibiotics (why?) and pain meds.
His fever has gone down to 102 and he walking around.  They are planning
on sending him home tomorrow, and that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I live in
South eastern Wisconsin.  Are there any vets around that have a lot of
knowledge in ferret diseases?  I'm willing to do anything he is my baby I
LOVE him SO MUCH.  Please help.

Nichole Grant