Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:31:07 EST
Hi all-

First, a quick question.  Is Ferretone just linatone just packaged and
marketed for ferrets, or is it somehow different than linatone?  I've
always used Ferretone with my guys, but my sister just adopted a fuzz and
got a bottle of linatone with her.  She asked me if there was a difference,
and I had to admit I didn't know.

Also, I need advice.  I've been having to keep my 2 sweet blind old ladies,
Tiny & Booboo (they're both about 8 1/2) in their own separate cage much
of the time lately because the younger guys pick on them.  But one of my
younger ferrets has a new obsession with knocking the water bottle off
their cage.  I've always had it hanging on the outside of the cage with
the water nozzle stuck through the bars.  The semi-circular metal bar that
holds it to the cage is long gone, so I've always used a piece of twine
tied on either end to the cage.  This has always worked fine (and still
works fine for another cage), but Miss Einstein has apparently decided that
the two old ladies shouldn't have water and just pushes up on the bottle
until the nozzle comes out of the bars and the bottle falls off.  I need to
find another way to keep the bottle on the cage.  I've thought about those
little tiny bungee cords that have a hook on each end thinking that either
they would hold the bottle so tightly against the cage that she couldn't
push it up, or I could just tape the cord to the bottle itself and then
just remove the hooks and take bottle with cord still attached off for
refilling.  However, I don't even know where to look for little bungee
cords.  Any clue where to find these?  Any other ideas for keeping the
water bottle on?  And by the way, the bottle won't really fit on the inside
of the cage (it's pretty big with 2 stories, but the "ceilings" aren't very
high), and water bowls don't really work for these ladies because in their
advanced age they've gotten a little lax on potty habits and seem to find
water bowls useful as toilets.  If I could just find water bowls that
flushed........

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Jamie Furr and the 6 Furrbutts (missing Fidget)