Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 23:17:45 -0600
Hi!
I have a couple of questions I was wondering if someone could help me out
with.  As some of you may know, I am the owner of a 3-4 month old girl,
Abbey.  Just recently I noticed something.  About a week or 2 ago, she
chewed up a green newspaper, and swallowed most of it.  So her poop was
green.  It was normal tho, about an hour later.  But 2 nights ago, when I
went to get her out of the bathroom, (where I let her play while I am doing
other things) to put her in her cage for the night, I saw in the corner was
green slimy poop.  Now I know this is bad, have in fact been warned about
it.  The whole night after that, she was real tired, and not hungrey.  But
the next day, her poop was normal, and she was fine.  now she seems like
nothing was ever wrong.  I called a 24 hour animal hospital to ask if this
was serious.  they said probably not.  But i wanted to see if anyone else
knew, like a second opinion.  this is my first ferret, and i love her
dearly.

Another issue i would like to know about is the legalization of ferrets in
CA.  My boyfriend and I are going to be moving there probably in about 6
monthes.  i know that is the only state, and hawiai, that dont allow
ferrets.  is this about to change?  if not, I guess I will stay in TX.  THis
is how much i care for my little girl.  i will stay here until they change
it.  if they ever do.

and i would also like to give my condolences to anyone who has lost one of
their beloved fuzzies.  I couldnt imagine being without Abbey.  She's my
best friend.

Thank You,
Mandy
 &
Abbey

ME: "abbey! stay away from that hamster!
Abbey: (gee, I only wanted to play with him!)  *grin*(teehee)