From:
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:27:17 -0400
i'm sorry i haven't written in a while.  so much has happened at the
shelter, not sure where to start.  after we lost Shaughnasy and Euan, we
all got sick here with bad diarrhea.  Most of us are all better now, but
i'm still really sick.  my new friends (two legged) took me to Guelph on
Tuesday morning to see the doc.

That same morning, my mommie was in a terrible car crash.  she's ok, but
just bruised up and sore.  her car has been totaled (whatever that means).
she's been off work for a few days and feels terrible that she can't chase
me around the house for a while.

Our veterinarian is leaving the province.  She's moving far away to get her
avian certification.  We are all sad to se her go.

Our friend Cindy lost her ferret Footsie.  She escaped and was not found.
I'll write more about that soon, there is a lot to that story.

Rusty and Tugger are doing really well.  Tugger (blind & deaf) is now
starting to know his way around and stole the nail clippers from auntie
Paige last week!  He hid them behind the TV.

Ferrets 2000 is fast approaching.  We are able to take registering until
July 29 only.  Deposits are $75 for the entire weekend.  We'd like to thank
Totally Ferret for becoming a sponsor for the event.

The conference and symposium will feature the Black Footed Ferret Breeding
Program at the Metro Toronto Zoo, speakers, Dr. Bruce Williams, Gary
Holowicki, Bob Church, Troy Lynn Eckart, Christine Mathis and my mom.  The
evening will be hosted by our very own "BIG" from the FML.

I'm very excited to meet all my heroes and friends in September.  I know
there are a few people out there who do not necessarily agree with the
speakers we have chosen, but the forum is for discussing our thoughts and
learning from each other.  i think it will be fun.  i'm even going to be
there and mom says i can even have a chance to say what i think!!!

Love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society Ferrets 2000 Conference
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to
you! Click here!!