From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:18:22 -0400
>From:    Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Boston SPCA - Ferret at ANgell needs home
>
>We received a message that a ferret had been found wandering the streets
>in Boston and was taken to Angell ( SPCA) the person who turned it in
>was told by SPCA staff they would only hold the ferret for claiming 2
>days then euthanize it ... ( Gosh even in NH strays get 7 days!)

Hi.  I called the MSPCA at Angell, b/c 2 days before euthanasia seemed
unlikely to me, and as it turns out, it is a rumor or misunderstanding on
the part of whomever dropped the ferret off or relayed the message about
what they were told..

Animals dropped off there as "strays" have a 2-day waiting period before
they can be ADOPTED OUT (which seems short to me anyway-it can take a
panicked owner awhile to call all the shelters, vets, etc.).  Animals
that are reasonably healthy aren't euthanized at Angell at all.  I spoke
with Megan there, who is one of the people in charge of the Angell MSPCA
shelter.  Unless the animal is very sick, she said, animals at Angell are
kept until they find a home,

There are actually 2 ferrets there right now, neither one of which is in
danger of being euthanized.  However, MSPCA would be grateful, of course,
for new homes for them, or if a ferret shelter wanted to take them,
they'd be amenable to that.  One ferret is quite young; the other is an
albino who is older (not sure how old).

FYI!

-April Armstrong Campbell