From:
"Michael R. Butz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:07:29 -0500
Greetings.  Someone posted yesterday about getting a couple gerbils as pets
along with having a ferret.  I have a ferret and a rat (and a python for
that matter!) and have found them *not* to be friends.  The two times that
they have come in contact with each other have not turned out well for
either.  Eddie (my fert) last week ended up with a bloody tail and Medina
(the rattie) was terrified.  They don't like one another and generally have
separate playtimes.  As to the person with the question about smelling like
gerbil (which are *cute* little animals), I haven't found any problems at
all with rodent smell.  Eddie just doesn't like the actual rodent, but
doesn't mind the smell.  I wouldn't worry about it.

--michael and eddie (and medina)