From:
"Burkard,Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 06:46:37 PST
David F.  Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote regarding, well, litter woes:

>I litter-trained her the first week and she was fine with it, but
>the second week I found her using the litterbox as a playpen....
>Anyone have any "tricks of the trade"?

David,

Often times very young ferrets will use the litter box as a play pen.
Heck, our older ferrets still get a kick out of throwing litter all over
the floor every once in a while!  :)

After you clean the litter box you might want to try leaving a few poops in
it to remind Kit that it is a litter box and not a play pen.  She'll
probably still play in it a bit until she gets older, but it may help some.

>She even began dooking last week which made me die.  You can bet this is
>going to be one spoiled rotten

Sounds great!  I hope you continue to have fun with Kit!  :)

-- Mike
   Squirt - Who sometimes poops in the corner just to remind us to
            pay attention to him.
   Pippi  - Champion litter box emptier.
   Atlas  - Litter box?  Which way did it go, which way did it go?
   Hijinx - Who's pretty good at using the litter box.