Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:07:35 EST
Hello all!  I have a favor.  I was working at a nursing home today in
Delhi, NY.  It's somewhere between Oneonta and Binghamton out in the
mountains, for those of you who aren't familiar with it.  I brought my
ferret Sneakers in to visit the elderly while I was at work.  I ran into
a woman who's son has a ferret.  She says they have a book about ferrets,
but it must not be a good one.  They had no idea that ferrets need
vaccines!  I assured her they did and suggested they get to a ferret
friendly vet.  She didn't know if the local vet saw ferrets.  I said she
should call and ask.  Does anybody know of a well reputed ferret vet in
the area?  I am hoping with FML's wide audience perhaps someone lives
in the area and knows of one.  I've learned from experience that just
because a vet says they "see ferrets" doesn't mean they know anything
about them.

There were also a couple of guys in their 20's who thought a ferret
would make a great pet.  I suggested of course that they go to a shelter
rather then the pet store.  Always good to get shelter ferrets homes!
They were very nice guys and I spoke with them for an hour about the
responsibilities etc.  I feel confident that they would be good owners.

If anyone knows of a shelter within an hour or 2, that would also be much
appreciated.  If you could email me directly at [log in to unmask], I'd
appreciate that as well!  Thanks a lot!

Meredith W. Harper, Education Committee Director
Champion Tenacious Sneakers
Little Miss Dancing Rachel
www.geocities.com/sneakonator