From:
Rick White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:05:07 EDT
>From:   Matt Staroscik <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I just saw a pretty absurd and irritating statement about ferrets being
>a major carrier of rabies.  I first found the below text on answers.com,
>but the original source seems to be MedicineNet.com.

Consider the fact of where "MedicineNet, Inc." is based; the Home Office
in San Clemente, CA.  and the Corporate Office is in New York City.  The
information used for this site is most likely based on the state laws of
California and city codes of New York City.  This is their website and
the information therein is based on their knowledge as they choose to
believe it.  Medical information should always be based on fact of
science; however, politics has it's rewards that far surpass the need of
scientific accuracy on a website.  No state nor National Rabies specific
scientific data supports their information.  Rabies Data from the NASPHV
and the Rabies Shedding Studies Report conducted by CDC supports the
fact that domestic ferrets are in the "Low Risk" category for Rabies
Transmission.

This unscientific bias would cause me to seriously question the validity
of all such information on this web-site.

Dooks and Blessings,
Rick White