From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:39:55 -0400
I am glad to hear that Diva is doing so well. It sounded like no
surgery was necessary and that she passed the "blockage" on her own.
Did you ever post exactly what the blockage was? I don't recall seeing
that post.

As to the negative comments, I think that anyone who goes on the
Internet asking thousands of strangers for financial help should be
prepared for comments they may not like. Not everyone is going to be
your BFF, and if you have a thin skin, you probably shouldn't make the
request to begin with. You have to understand that hardly a day goes
by that we don't see some sort of request for money. You should have
just kept those comments to yourself. There has been more focus on the
negative than on Diva's health. It's not fair for the rest of us to
have to read all the subsequent "lectures" that are invariable when
this happens. It's like punishing the whole class for the antics of
a few. You know who you got negative comments from. Reply to them
directly if you feel the need, and leave the rest of us out of it. Try
to focus more on all the help you got and be thankful for that. And, if
the negative comments weren't publicly posted here, don't bring that to
this forum. There are over 2,300 subscribers to this list alone, and it
has been stated that you sent out blanket requests all over the place,
so to get a few negative comments really shouldn't be a big deal. We
are all adults and have to live with what we say and do. We don't need
others telling us how to act, especially those of us who had nothing to
say at all! I sometimes think that people believe they will get more
sympathy/support if they post about people being mean to them.

And, yes, I know I'm lecturing too. :)

And, now for a little input. I would suggest you not let Diva run
around all over the place if she has already had a blockage (assuming
it was a foreign object). You now know that she is prone to picking up
foreign objects and who knows what else might be out there for her to
get into. I would suggest confining her to one or two fully
ferret-proofed rooms for her own safety.

Again, I am glad Diva is doing well.

Katharine
Florida