From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 09:40:28 -0400
>From:    Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Stinka has heart problems  HELP
>...He said he can not prescribe the medications he would give dogs in this
>condition, like lasix ect... because it would be lethal to the ferret.

Not true, given the proper amount.  Lasix has been one of the standard
treatments in all of our ferrets that have had heart problems.  We've also
used Enacard, which is a vascular dilator.

Sounds like you or your vet need to talk to an experienced ferret vet for
the proper course of treatment.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our web site: http://www.gate.net/~mjanke