From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:01:34 -0900
Wiley and his cage mate had been with the same dad fro their entire 7 years
of life.  He called me one day about 6 months ago saying that he was being
transferred to of all places California, and considering the laws there he
did not want to risk their safety.  After assuring them that they will
always have a home and that they would be safe and loved even if I cound
not find them their own home, he tearfully left them with me.I found a
home.  She is my once in a blue moon friens and she loves the old men.
She gave Old Man the best last 18 months that a fur child could want.  But
before they could be sent to their new home, they both git very sick and
I could not ask her to try to keep them treated and medicated.  So they
stayed.  They were both snugglers and I was able to nurse them back to
their almost normal self.  They missed their dad Brian though.  It was
clear that he had loved them for they loved in return.

Wiley had inoperable adrenal, he was not a good surgical candidate.  He
got tired and stopped eating a few days ago.  Supplementing him and force
feeding him around the clock did nothing for his will to live.  Early this
morning I went down for his 1 am feeding and he had not moved at all from
the previous feeding.  He refused to swallow the food through his clenched
teeth.  His breathing was deep and slow.  I knew it was close.  I think
that he was mostly gone so I wrapped him held him.  His breathing became
slower and further apart.  I held him and he slipped away from my life to
the life of his creator.  I will miss him.

Diana and the Ferret Farm