From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 23:37:20 -0400
My beloved Kermit, adopted along with Esme', Muggsie and Zoe from a
wonderful couple on the FML, was just diagnosed with lymphosarcoma.  He is
only 1 yr 5 mos old and was my most busy busy busy and muscular guy until
less than a week ago.  I knew he was having pooping problems and had taken
him to a vet who thought he might have colitis.  A week later he could not
stay out of the cage longer than five minutes without needing to sleep and
had dropped from to 2.6 lbs from his usual 3.1.  Lethargy, loss of appetite,
sudden weight loss.

We used to call him Agent Double-O-Doo-Doo because of the hysterical way he
scurried around hiding those little many-sided plastic balls.  He moved them
several times daily to his various hiding places, but his favorite was to
hide them from himself under the newspapers and then dig them out through
the paper.  If someone started down the stairs while he was on his way up
with a ball, his eyes grew twice their size and you could almost hear him
gasp at the thought that he might be discovered in the act.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had either good or bad
experiences with chemotherapy for lymphosarcoma.  My plan to use Timmy's
recipe, which Gary Holowicki has already sent me the latest version of.
Personally, I have always thought I would never have chemo myself (after
watching my uncle go through it for 1.5 yrs).  However, I want to be
objective and consider every option.  I guess I should also ask if the
protocol used differed in any way from that described in the FAQ on the
disease.