From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 18:33:39 -0800
Shampoo recommendations - most of the premium mild kitten or puppy
shampoos with no pesticides etc.  Anything with a "de-oderizer" I
personally would stay away from.  I can't think of how it would actually
work, especially without using fairly strong oil strippers which will most
like dry the skin causing increased oil production which will make the
problem worse!  The Ferret shampoos are all way too strong in my opinion -
4 paws actually seemed to burn my ferrets.

Right now I'm using C-derm, billed as a unique combination of plant
extracts that are soothing, have antimicrobial activity and an
antioxidant.

Congrats to the healthy 6 year old.  I have one too!  (and one that's had
adrenal surgery and some tumors)

Kat - I'm with you - companion animals should not be sold anywhere but
from a caring responsible, knowledgeable breeder - not on-line, not in
pet stores!

Good for you.
Mary
(Who has never bred anything)

"Animals are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other
 nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time,"
 Henry Beston