Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:29:01 -0400
Karen wrote:
>I suppose turtles (especially box turtles) would be the least likely to
>come to harm from ferrets, because they can withdraw into their shells.
>But I still wouldn't allow the two to interact.

Amelia met a turtle once-- she was utterly fascinated by it.  I mean, it's a
container, with something inside it, right?  So she wanted to get whatever
it was out of there!  I think the turtle might have nipped her on the nose,
so she focused more on the legs and tail holes.  When I realized just how
excited and serious Amelia was about getting that turtle out of its shell,
I ended the interaction before somebody got hurt or traumatized.  It was
amusing at first, but ultimately I think a scary experience for the poor
turtle.  I second Karen's recommendation!

Regina
Amelia (c'mon, I know there's something in there, gotta get it out!)
Cully (it moves, i don't like it)

"I'm grazing with the dinosaurs and the dear old horses..."
                                                -- Nick Cave
Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083