Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 19:45:25 -0500
Hello to everyone we hope all are in good health and prayers to those of
our fuzzy friends who are in trying times.

I thought I would share a couple of things of late.  I received a magazine
from Pet.com and enjoyed the article in it about Ca and ferrets.  Did
anyone else see this?

Also, odor always seems an issue with our ferrets so I thought I would
share with new comers what we do in a small 36 ft motorhome.

We have seven ferrets.  They have not had a bath in over a year.  Their
hammocks are changed every week.  The litter is cleaned everyday and cages
are cleaned every week.  I use liquid softener in the wash it seems to add
more good smelling scent.  We were using wood stove pellets but they are
not available here in Fl.  I did pick up some other pellets that are some
kind of litter for cats.  I think they were discontinues or something as
I got several 10 lb bags for one price.  That was all there were and the
man wanted to get rid of them.

Living in such a small area we do have to keep the ferrets clean and
smelling good.  I think feeding the Total Ferret has a lot to do with the
odor also.  I have fed other ferret food and mixed with cat food and found
the ferret themselves smell more strongly.  The better the food the better
the smell.

Well, much start letting the guys out for play so hope this is helpful.

Love and Fuzzy kisses
Penny, Flower
Burglar, Missitoo
Snowball, Freddie