From:
"Thomas W. Kemper, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 15:23:26 -0500
Greetings from East Texas!
Major Burns came through his pancreatectomy with flying colors.  However,
his blood sugar is still low.  Looks like we'll have to continue the
medication.

That leads me to the question.  Shortly after the surgery I noticed his
left eye being cloudy.  I took him in, and the vet says he has developed
a cataract.  Does anyone have any experience in having had this occur as
a result of insulinoma?  I could maybe understand if he had had
hyperglycemia, but not from too low a blood glucose.  Just curious if
anyone can help shed any light on the condition.  I find no reference to
ferrets and eye problems in my Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents book.

Thanks for the input.
Tuck Kemper

(Proudly owned by Major Burns (Ferret Face), Scooter (the Dook of Earl),
and Widget (What's a litter box!)