From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:28:45 -0400
Does anyone have any ideas or tips for doing water therapy for ferrets?
My 6 1/2 year old Mikette has very weak back legs.  She has insulinoma
and has a HUGE belly from an enlarged spleen, prednisolone, and fat build
up (related to the insulinoma).  She walks around, but can't do much.
I'm not going to torture her (not sure of how much a water girl she'll
be) but I would love to put her in a warm bath and help her move about a
bit more.

I'm not sure what temp the water should be.  I want her to be warm
without scalding her of course.  Also, I'll be right there to hold her
up, but was thinking I can place a floating something under her a bit to
give her support and security.

I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks
Risa