From:
Donna R Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:39:23 -0400
Hello Everyone;

I do not have a question or really anything of any value to add to this
mailing list.  I do have something that I would like to get off of my
chest.

Sunday night someone called me to come and pick up their ferrets (two,
male and female), told me that if I did not pick them up by 8:00 p.m.
he was going to let them go in the woods.  I spent 30 minutes begging
this person not to turn them loose in the woods.  I told him i would be
over to his house straight from work.  This person and his family adopted
the ferrets 3 months ago, in that 3 months the ferrets have not had their
nails clipped or their ears cleaned, no medical care at all(no shots, they
did not want to spend the money).  The only time the ferrets were allowed
out of their cage in that 3 months was to get a bath once a week.  These
beautiful little furballs were given nothing but kitten chow to eat.  They
were fed and watered once a day, food or water was never left in with
them.

The people did not want them because they did not know that they"were so
much work", and they really don't have the time to be bothered with
animals like this.

If they had taken just a little time to look into the matter they would
have found out that ferrets do take time and that they are not throw-away
pets when they get to be too much trouble.  I don't mind taking these
little fuzzies, what I do mind is peoples irresponsibility when it comes
to pets.  Should it not be instilled in everyone (from birth) that a pet
is a commitment.  And when the cuteness and the newness goes away that
little animal still needs the person or people.

I am sorry if I offened anyone, I did not mean to.  Just the injustice of
this situation and many more just like it, make me very angry.  Thank you
everyone for listening to me.

Thank You Again,
Donna