From:
the return of weezilarchy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:16:31 -0800
this might strike some of you as a rather extreme solution, but it has
worked *beautifully* in my house!!

i, too had a door that opened into a little door-alcove that the weezils
think of as the world's best toilet.  simply removing the door and
replacing with a barricade wasn't an option, as the fert-room is also
chris' and my bedroom, and we are not really exhibitionists.  so...

i re-hung the door on the other side of the doorway.  it opens *out* of
the room, now.

barricade is there so we can leave the door open at times and so fuzzies
don't go flying out of the room whenever we enter or leave.

of course, when the people who own the house come into town this weekend,
i might be hard-pressed to explain... i'm hoping if i put it back in its
usual place for the weekend and paint over where i chiseled the frame out
so the hinges could sit flat, they just won't notice.  i thought they
only came into town *once* a year... i was planning on fixing up the door
frame with wood putty before i moved out...

note to self--look into varieties of tape that can be painted over and
might look like part of the door frame...

*g*

i may be a landlord's nightmware, but i fix more than i destroy.

-kat-

=====
       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.