Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:48:56 +0000
Good morning all.  To all who have lost a beloved baby, please accept my
sincere condolences.  I know how hard it is.

I decided to enter a picture of two of the Crew of Merry Mayhem in the
October ferret of the month contest.  Both of these kids have gone to the
Bridge, but this picture is one that never fails to make me smile when I
see it.  Misty and Spunky loved their chicken gravy, and one day while
they were eating, I happened to have the camera nearby.  As you can see,
Misty never looked up.  But Spunky, well he turned his head and was
licking his mouth, but it looks as though he stuck his tongue out at me!

Misty came to me from Helga and Harvey Clark.  She'd been kept in a
basement with a cage mate, but it was a Midwest cage with just hammocks
hanging in it.  Her cagemate fell and broke her neck, Misty broke her
leg.  The woman who had her was going to put her in a pet store to
acclimate young ones, but the Clark's saved her from that, and then she
came to us.  She was one of our true royal ladies.

Spunky had three legs-one was ripped off in a cat attack.  His breeder
had the litter in a cage outside, and they called the shelter who rescued
them.  I met Spunky when he was three and a half weeks old, and the folks
working wtih him didn't know if he'd survive or not.  I called him the
spunky little guy, not knowing that would become his name, and kept in
touch with them, making sure he was doing all right, as he had my heart
from the first moment I held him.  When the shelter reduced, he was not
quite a year old, and they called me, telling me that Spunky said he
wanted to come live with me.  He was adorable, bulldog head, teeth with
an underbite, and not descented!  I could go on with stories of him, but
I'll cut it short.

Anyway, if you'd like to vote for these two, here is the link to the
page: www.ourfiestyferrets.com and click on the FOTM link.  Just look
for their picture, with my name underneath.

Thanks in advance for any votes!  You can vote once a day.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste
 good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"