From:
Mini Tafoya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 10:00:17 EST
Hello everyone and christmas greetings,

I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday season.  The FML is a
great way for communications (thanks BIG for all of your effort to keep
this going:))

Ferrets "R" Fun has currently got three babies in for adoption with one
leaving today.  That leaves only two to place, with a big possibility Honey
being placed right after the holidays.  The hard thing is my 13 yr old son
Nik, as he thinks we need to keep them all ourselves.  The two girls from
Suni's shelter in CA, are two of the most vocal fuzzies I have seen in some
time.  Honey is such a doll, she will hug your arms, neck etc..what ever
she can hang on to.  Once you turn her loose to run and play, she will hide
and run away from you.  As far as Woozie goes, Nik tells me she just wants
to run and play...so far she has not bitten once.  Woozie loves to chase
feet that are dooking around.  She loves getting kisses and Nik keeps
putting the kids to sleep by rubbing their faces.  Once they are asleep he
will put them down on a blanket, and they just cuddle up and sleep away.

I know there are guidlines for shelters for not adopting to families with
younger children, let me just point out that families who have animals,
livestock around when the kids are growing up, these families have usually
taught their kids at a very young age responsibilties about caring for
animals.  My older son had his first ferret at age 3, he now is 19 yrs old.
He has had animals all of his life.  Before setting guidlines, give it some
thought as there are always exeptions to the rule.  Some families do teach
their kids early on, while others never teach their children.  The way I
grew up, one feeds animals first, before ONE sit down to eat themselves.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year,
Frohe Weihnachten und einen guten rutsch ins neue Jahr (in my native tongue)
Mini
and her ten....and shelter fuzzies, Sugar Bear, Woozie and Honey