From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 21:36:31 PST
Dear Vets,
Now I know that if we were to premedicate a ferret before vaccines we would
use Diphenhydramine.  I understand this is an antihistime which would block
the allergic reaction that causes the histimines to bombard the body.

But if we were to wait for a reaction would we use Epinephrine,and what
dosage,to stop the closure of the blood vessels and than administer
Diphenhydramine and if so in what dosage?  My ferrets have never had any
reaction to any vaccines but since I live in a FFZ and the vets are not as
knowledgeable as those on this list I would like to present this information
to my vet so that he might be able to assist any reaction that might occur.

Since I do live in a FFZ could you please post any responses to this list
and if any added information is required I can than respond to you e-mail.

Thank you for your time.
        Christine