Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:46:28 -0800
Sandee could you please check on Oscar, Lilly, and Arielle for us.  It
has been a very very difficult 2 months.  You see, we lost our Oscar in
January.  He was 5 years old and raised since 8 weeks old by us.  He died
due to complications from adrenal (he couldn't pee anymore and lupron was
not working).  He was our very first ferret and we miss him terribly.  He
has several ferrets awaiting his arrival at the bridge, including little
Abner.  We also lost little Lilly who we were fostering for a wonderful
shelter in S.  Hadley Mass.  (The Educated Ferret run by Donna Sporito).
She was older and had adrenal and insulinoma.  We loved her spicy
attitude.  She was a single ferret as she wanted nothing to do with other
ferrets.  She expected all the attention to be on her, hee hee.  I am
terribly saddened by her passing as it was basically my fault.  We were
sitting a dog and she wanted out.  I let her out to play and never
expected the dog to go after her as he showed no signs of aggression
towards the ferrets.  He got a hold of her and me.  We got her free
and rushed her to the vet where she seemed to be ok, no abnormal heart
sounds, lungs sounded good, not apparent ruptures.  We kept her there
over night but she passed in the am from a giant seizure which led to
resperitory failure.  I will never forgive myself for that one.  Please
kiss her and tell her how sorry I am and that I would give anything to
have her back.  Arielle was a very special ferret to me.  I fell in love
with her the first time I laid eyes on her.  She lived with Donna, the
Educated Ferret, which is where I met her.  Donna rescued her from an
abusive home.  She was a terrible biter and Donna worked hard with her.
However, she still bit therefore stayed at the shelter for several years.
Finally, we were in a position to adopt Arielle, actually she adopted me.
She never bit me and loved to crawl on my shoulder.  We took her home and
spoiled her immensely.  She was out of her cage and running around with
us most of the time.  She loves to play chase.  You chase her and she'll
chase you.  Anyway, we came home from work and she was still.  I fell
apart unbelievably so.  She showed no signs of being ill.  She was fine
in the a.m.  when her cage was cleaned.  She was out running around the
night before (supervised).  She is missed by us and Donna so much.

Well thank you for listening and checking on our beloved babies for us.
You are such a help to those of us who have lost our babies.

We love you Oscar, Lilly, and Arielle plus too many more to list.
love cheryl and wendy