Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:49:53 -0800
First I would like to say hello. I'm a new slave to a wonderful
ferret named Bob. He came from a woman who had no clue how to care
for a ferret correctly. I think she did her best, but didn't have
good information.

He had a small cage that had pine bedding and smelled really bad!!!
His food dish was found in with the pine bedding and had urine and
feces in it.

I normally try and leave animals alone the first couple of days so they
can calm down and not be really stressed out. I could not allow him to
be in that any longer though. The smell was literally burning my eyes
on the way home.

I went and got the Evo cat food, which has the same content as the Evo
ferret food. I mixed it with what she gave me but he ate around the
Evo. I ran out of the cheap stuff and don't know what to do now.

I purchased Ferretvite and he will eat that. But i don't know what to
do to get him to actually eat the food. I'm so worried about him.

He's very active and his eyes are bright and clear. Very playful.

I tried to do all the research before I got him. I was told he would
come with a cage, so I didn't purchase one. I'm just glad i had a
second cage that I was to rig up to the other cage to make so he has
more room.

I put the yesterday's news litter in a litter box, but he had no idea
what it was for. So, I put the litter on the floor of the cage so he
would know that he's supposed to potty on it. i will put less and
less on the floor and more in the litter box until he knows that he's
supposed to go in the litter box.

I know that he's a Marshall Ferret, as he has the two tattoo dots on
his ear. So i know that he had at least some of his shots.

His previous owner didn't know they were supposed to go to the vet.

When i asked when he had a bath last i was told that he gets stinky
really fast. It took 8 washings to get the smell out of his monkey
hammock.

I just need to know that I'm doing the right things. And if not, what
can I do to enhance his life.