From:
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 23:10:57 EDT
I will make this a short as possible as I'm about to fall asleep.  I
received a call from a couple in Yellville Ark.  There is a woman that
has ferrets and exotic birds and is living out of her truck.  THe animals
are starving and ill kept.  Animal Control is taking her dogs, cats and
peacocks but told the people that they know nothing about the ferrets or
birds so they won't take them.  These people are so worried about the
ferrets and birds, they called me for help.  They found out that the
woman in 1988 in nevada had over 100 ferrets taken away because of the
conditions.  I won't put her name on the list unless its ok by BIG.  What
we are hoping is that enough people can help take in the ferrets and the
birds, AC will take them if they have places for them to go.

The couple gave me permission to post their contact info so anyone close
that can help please get in touch with them and lets get these critters
into a safe place.

They are in Yellville, near Mt. Home Ark.
Their names are James and Heather Schroder, 870-427-2877,
the e mail is [log in to unmask]

I know the ferret peole will help the ferrets and I'm hoping someone will
have a bird rescue contact close to help with the birds.  Please see what
you can do to help, they think she only has 5 ferrets left, so it won't
be a big rescue, so it will be easier for a shelter close to they to
help.  If I were closer I would help, but in Las Vegas, Nv, its a bit to
hard to help hands on.

Please keep me posted if anyone gets the ferrets and birds, I will rest
easier knowing they are safe.

Thanks for listening,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter