From:
Sedeca Gabrenas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 15:37:46 -0400
Hi!
    I was reading about the new ferret learning from the cat, and I couldn't
help but think of a cute story about our pets.  Our ferret was about six
months old, when we decided to adopt a german-shephard/ rotwieler mix puppy.
It was abondoned and needed a good home.  The two of them got along really
well, but then we noticed this dog was climbing on the sofa just like the
ferret.  The dog learned to climb like a ferret and to crawl like the
ferret.  The really funny thing is now the dog is almost a year old and
about 70 pounds.  She could easily jump onto the sofa, but no, . . . she
still climbs up on the sofa as if she were a little ferret.  (I wish I could
put a video here of this, it is so comical).  Despite the obvious size
difference, the ferret is still the "older" sibling who is in charge.  We
have gotten another dog and are looking for another ferret, but no matter
what we get, I think our Cheevie will always be the animal in charge.

Cheevie (ferret), Yasha (dog), and Smokey (dog)