From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:46:51 -0800
Well, since it's not that busy for me today, I thought I'd go out to see
how ole Pepper is!  It won't be hard to find him because he runs with
a pretty raucous crowd, SolT, Whiskey, Cinnimon, tiny Suger, Wheezer,
Mindi, and Miss Curry Furry.  They keep busy on purpose you know, so they
don't grieve over their mom, Marta.  Uh, but they kind of overdue it.
Hehehe!

So, I tucked my cheweasil under my arm and off I went.  First I came
across a very cross guy with birds spinning around his head and tweeting.
He looked a bit dizzy.  When I asked him what happened, he said he was
dancing about his way when he was sabotaged by a gang!  They bopped him
on the head with a foamy fry, then they took off.  I told him that I'd
try to find out who it was.  Next I came across a badger that was madder
than a wet hen.  I asked him what he was doing where the ferrets live.
He said, that a gang of ferrets taunted him until he came out of his
burrow then they nipped his butt!  I told him to calm down and I'd deal
with it.  It was becoming apparent this was the same marauding group.
So I reluctantly moved on.

As I was nosing through the meadow, I kept hearing giggles and dooks.
But I saw nothing.  Every time I stopped and whipped my head around to
see where the noise was coming from, there was a hush.  All the sudden,
I was tackled in the grass and held down.  In the commotion I felt
something hit my behind.  They let me go, and hid in the grass and
giggled as I rose up and looked all around in a snit.  That's when I saw
it.  A sign stuck to me that said, FK.  I couldn't rip it off cause it
was so stuck to my fur.  "Dagnabbit!" "dookdookdook!" "How am I going to
get this off now?" "It has to wear off Sandee." "Pepper is that YOU?  I
knew it was you guys."

I saw them appear one by one.  Pepper was last.  I said to him, "Fine,
I came to deliver a message to you from your mom, but that's okay.  I
see you don't need it".  Oh, but my the tone changed.  "We'll be good,
Sandee, we promise ... please, tell us," they shouted in unison.  "Well,
apparently she thinks about you guys all the time.  Pepper, your mom has
taken in Suki, Frasure and M ..." I was interrupted with Pepper saying,
"Yeah, Mariah.  I know.  I've seen her.  Sometimes I try to whisper
secrets to her.  She seems to hear me better than the other ones." I
asked him why he visits these new little ferrets, and he said he was
desperate to make his mom hear him in some way.  He says he saw her
crying sometimes in the reflecting pool over the years.  I told him that
she "hears from him" often.  He doesn't even need to put forth such an
effort.  He already knew this.  He just wanted to make the extra effort
to help his mom.  And he said he would always do that.

Sandee