From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:17:35 -0500
Sharing our home with free roam ferrets provides many opportunities for
lessons.

The other night Pita decided to lung at Moose.  Moose is a no nonsense
ferret and he earned his name because of his size and he has an attitude
to match.  He doesn't take guff from anyone.  After Pita snipped at him
he turned for a moment then when she snipped again he decided to put her
in her place.  Boy did she turn tail and run, right under a nearby cage.
Moose is much too big to get under the cages, got to give him credit
through for trying, as hard as he tried (picture a bull in a china
closet) he couldn't even get his head to fit.  He was quite upset with
the turn of events.  I reached over and gently tapped his back with my
finger, which means 'leave that ferret alone' so he huffed off down the
hall with his his shoulders squared, his immense body seemingly larger
and tail bottle brushed.  A few minutes later he came back and huffed
through the 8" tube, circled in front of me, then back down the hall he
went.  Guess he needed to make a point. :-)

Lessons - when you take on a task bigger than yourself, be prepared
with plan B if it fails AND size DOES make a difference no matter how
determined you are!

Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org